READ OUR BLOG
6 Reasons Why Your IT Staff Will Appreciate MCE
A common theme for small-to-medium sized labs is having an IT representative that wears many hats. In addition to day-to-day support of users, the IT staff manages a wide array of responsibilities such as the phone system, network servers, software updates, preparing for outages, maintaining existing systems and protecting users from the dangers of a cyber-attack.
Adopting cloud-based applications and systems can eliminate issues relating to capital equipment and software management that usually accompany on-premises systems. Realizing organizations are always looking for ways to streamline operations, we developed MCE as a cloud-based specimen tracking solution that simplifies route planning and courier management without all the overhead.
If you’re not quite convinced that a cloud application for courier management is right for you, then take a look at some of the primary benefits users experience when they move toward operating in the cloud:
- Controlled Costs. Cloud solutions are typically subscription based, providing the predictability customers like. No surprises and lots of consistency. When factoring in the management of on-premises solutions, not to mention the time it takes to solve issues and keep everything maintained, expenses start to add up, cloud-based systems can be a real money saver.
- Business Continuity. Throw in an emergency or two that prevent your business from operating (fire or natural disaster, for example); now you are not only spending money to quickly return to normal business operation, but you are also losing money by not being able to execute transactions. When operating in the cloud, your staff can work from any location without interrupting the normal flow of business. For couriers, mobile devices like the Zebra TC56 operate on cellular data, allow continuation of daily routes without interruption.
- Worker Flexibility. There are situations that make it difficult for employees to be on site, even though they’re still able to work. With an application like MCE, a lab manager can conduct courier route planning or run daily reports from home without having to be in the office.
- Software Updates. Cloud-based applications often include software updates as part of the subscription fee. One benefit is not having to disrupt users during business hours to make the updates, and with mobile device management (MDM) updates can be easily downloaded to mobile computing devices if applicable.
- Connectivity and Collaboration. Part of what makes the cloud so convenient is the availability of information and ease of use. When employees have what they need at their fingertips, they can do their jobs more efficiently and accurately. This, in turn, keeps customers satisfied and errors to a minimum. Users are granted access to data as needed, eliminating the back and forth and instead providing information in real-time.
- You may have 10 users today, but plan to have 25 in the next 2 years. With cloud-based applications you can easily accommodate growth (or seasonal changes in your business) by simply adding or removing users. This saves time as well as hardware costs that you might typically incur with traditional systems.
These benefits of cloud applications apply to MCE, making it a smart and economical choice for lab managers and administrators from both a budgetary and operational standpoint. From 24/7 service and support to automatic updates and release of new features and functionality, MCE is a great cloud-based partner to have for your lab.
Let’s talk! Share your challenges with us and we’ll make some recommendations that could dramatically improve productivity and efficiency for your team.
Let Us Know How We Can Help
Thanks for your interest in Medical Courier Elite! If you're interested in learning more about our solution and how it can help your business, we'd be happy to schedule a demo, provide a quote or answer any questions you may have.
181 East Evans St. | Florence, SC, 29506
Phone: 843-656-2084 or 877-331-7427